Q&A Amanda Chan
Amanda Chan (aka MNDY) is currently a student at Berklee College of Music in Boston
Amanda Chan, aka MNDY (pronounced Mandy) was born and raised in Macau, moved to the U.K. for school, and is currently a student at Berklee College of Music in Boston, studying Music Business Management. Classically trained, she sang mostly choral music and musical theatre in the early days, but now sings mostly Jazz, R&B and soul. MNDY loves to explore different styles of music, and writes a lot of alternative acoustic music incorporating some Jazz and R&B elements into it as well. Check out some of her songs on her Youtube channel amndy.
- What’s your idea of a perfect day?
When all men are equal, and also when it’s not too warm nor too cold.
- If you could go back in time to any event in history, what would it be?
The late 70s. Any New Year’s Eve at Studio 54
- What’s your favorite book?
Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
- And your favorite singer/ band?
Donny Hathaway, J.Cole, The Roots, Corinne Bailey Rae, Erykah Badu
- Who is your hero?
My Mum and Dad
- What can always cheer you up when you are having a bad day?
A good ol’ Coke slurpee
- What’s your worst habit?
Overanalyzing / overthinking
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Whatever my grandma makes
- If you could retire tomorrow what would you do?
Why would I want to retire from making music? But if I did and if money wasn’t a problem, I guess I’d travel.
- What’s your favourite season or festival?
- What’s your favourite place in Macau?
Right now it’s definitely Quarter Square in Taipa Village, or home